Saturday, July 14, 2012

Titles are Lame

It's been a few days since my last update.  I've been following the program, no matter the obstacles that pop up in front of me.  Hurdles, if you will.  Hurdles such as having a slight gain, no matter my faithfulness to low-carbing, receiving my "monthly gift" (you know you wanted to know that) and doing a test batch of cupcakes for my son's birthday party.  I stuck with it through it all.  That feels good to type.

So, like I just wrote, I made a test batch of cupcakes for my son's birthday party.  I'm going to use a boxed mix, so it's nothing terrible intricate, but I did alter the recipe based on something I saw on, where else, but Pinterest.  I made the cupcakes richer and, judging by my husband's indulgence of seven of the cupcakes, all-around better tasting.  I made these cupcakes, and frosted them with store bought cream cheese frosting without having one taste.  No licks of the spoon, no bites of random crumbs.  Nothing.  There are still eleven cupcakes sitting on my counter.  I don't plan on touching a single one.

Also, referencing the aforementioned topic of my slight weight gain.  It's true.  My weight inched up by a bit over a pound this past week.  I have to relate it to my menstrual cycle.  Nothing else makes sense.  I kept with the program, though, and this morning I've lost that weight that I gained, plus an additional nearly two pounds.  I say nearly because it's more like 1.8lbs.  Close enough.

I'll report back on Monday for the final tally of my two week induction weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment