Monday, July 9, 2012

One week down...

I've done it!  I made it a week without faltering.  A week of no bread or pasta.  A week of no cereal, ice cream or candy.  I did it.  And man am I sick of eggs at this point.  I need to start switching up my breakfasts before I do falter.  My omelet I just had?  Yeah, I feel slightly nauseous.

Anyways, like I said, I made it a week.  In that week, I lost 5.6 pounds!  That's a good week, if you ask me.  I no longer have the flu-like symptoms that I had when I posted last, but my mouth still constantly tastes... icky.  I don't know if there's a better word to describe this taste in my mouth.  I could brush all day long, and it would still be there.  It's a side-effect of ketosis, but it's gross.  I hope that goes away soon, too.

As I mentioned previously, my son's first birthday is coming up.  I'm feverishly planning his party and buying things little by little.  So now, in addition to the scrumptious cotton candy on my counter, I have cake mix (for his cupcakes that I'm going to personally make... sorry, friends and family) and candy-like cupcake sprinkles from that dude on TV.  No, not the Cake Boss.  The other one.  Hell if I remember his name. 

Operation keep away from the kid's birthday party supplies continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment