Thursday, July 5, 2012

Okay, so I lied.

Yup, that's right.  I lied.  I'm a big fat (literally) liar.  I said that I was going to do this whole weight loss thing on my own.  I was going to wing it and just learn to eat better without the assistance of a program.  That lasted about a week before I realized I may need some kind of structure. 

That's probably why there's such a large gap between my last post and now.  Nearly a month.  Yikes.

I've decided to do low carb dieting again.  I hesitate to say Atkins, because I'm not truly counting the number of carbs I consume, so I can't guarantee that they are under twenty grams and I don't expect to not have a treat once in a while.  My carb intake has been greatly lowered, though.  I started on Monday, so it's still a fairly new venture.

I weighed myself today.  I know it's too soon to see accurate results from weight loss after a whole three days of dieting (I wish!), but my scale says I'm already down 4.6 pounds!  If that's true, I might have a love affair with my scale (don't tell my husband).  Even if it's not completely accurate, it's motivation to keep going.  To keep pressing forward even when all I want to do is partake in the act of crunching on some Doritos or drinking a margarita with my friends.  What's that saying?  "Nothing tastes as good as thin (I like to say being healthy) feels?"  I wouldn't know, but I'd love to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment